Monday, March 15, 2010

The Toy and Action Figure Museum

Last week, Kevin and I drove from Denver to Fort Hood, and on down to Austin Texas where our sons and their families reside. We took a different route than we usually do, and went east on I-70 and then turned right at Kansas, and down to Texas. I love to look at this wonderful country as we drive along, and I am amazed by all the peculiar things that you can stop and see on the way. We went this particular way because I wanted to stop and see a museum in Hutchinson Kansas. The Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center.



http://www.cosmo.org




It was a very cool space museum. They have the Apollo 13 space capsule and a bunch of rockets, an IMAX theater. and an observatory dome. It was worth it. When you get into the museum there is a sign that says the Cosmosphere is one of the eight wonders of Kansas. I asked a young man there what the other seven wonders were and he hadn't a clue. I looked them up, and you can too.

¢ Big Well, Greensburg.

¢ Cheyenne Bottoms and Quivira National Wildlife Refuge, in Barton and Stafford counties.

¢ Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum, Abilene.

¢ Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center, Hutchinson.

¢ Kansas Underground Salt Museum, Hutchinson.

¢ Monument Rocks and Castle Rock, Gove County.

¢ St. Fidelis Catholic Church (Cathedral of the Plains), Victoria.

¢ Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve, Chase County.



The important part of this trip is the stop we didn't make. On our way through Oklahoma I saw a sign for the Toy and Action figure museum. We simply did not have enough time to check this one out, so I guess I'm going to take that route another time. For those of you who know me, you'll understand my interest in this Oklahoma wonder.

http://www.actionfiguremuseum.com/main_page.htm

2 comments:

Tobi said...

I'm glad you guys made it here and back safely. I'm also sad you didn't get to stop at the Action Figure Museum. I'm planning to stop there when we drive to Colorado in April. I'll take lots of pictures for you too.

The Queen Vee said...

Ya got to love those midwest museums. Can't believe you passed up the Action Figure Museum, maybe next time.